Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Orange You Glad??

Today God spoke to me. He spoke to me through an orange peel. And I'm supa' [orange] juiced about it!

I was walking to the copier at work and had a fleeting thought about what God has done in me and the gifts He's popped into full throttle. Then I went to the place that we really shouldn't go, but often do. I thought "What if it was all a fluke? Maybe the things I've done well in were just a once in a lifetime thing!" And I got a little discouraged.

Then I got hungry and remembered I had an orange, much like the one I had eaten the day before. I pulled it out of my purse and recalled the sweet peel deal I had done the day before. I peeled it in one peel! It was really fun. It was kind of hard and it took me a little time, and I got some juiciness all over my hands. But it was a cute little thing to "reassemble" my peel... for kicks. What??! Don't act like you never try and do that! So I attempted it again, and much to my delight... SUCCESS!! Peeled it in ONE PEEL! It actually went a little quicker and was a little less messy too, which was a plus.

I had to take a picture. I get excited about silly things.

Victorious again! So I plopped 'em in cottage cheese.
But as quick as I got that last bit of peel off my orange, my previous stream of thoughts were brought back to light.

And God spoke to me.

He said that these things that have happened are just the start. He's not done.

I realize things won't be exactly the same way every time. Sometimes it will be a little quicker. Sometimes a little slower. Sometimes a little messy. And sometimes spick and span. The only thing I really know is that He started this goodness in me long before I was aware... and He gets to decide when it's all done! And, my friends, today... via orange-o-gram... God told me He ain't done! Orange you glad He's not finished with the work in YOU?!!

3 comments: